First National Bank of Mankato

    The First National Bank was built in 1913 in the Prairie School architectural style.  Bank designs were originally sketched by the firm of Purcell and Elmslie in 1912, but they requested the sketches back after being informed that they would not be used.  When Ellerby and Round were given the contract, their design was very similar to the Purcell and Elmslie sketches, and the latter firm received congratulation letters from people familiar with their work, assuming it was theirs.
    The building is now part of the Verizon Wireless Center, and the newly restored front can be accessed from West Hickory Street on the south side of the Center.

Address:
105 W. Hickory St., Mankato, MN 56001

Image: http://mnprairieroots.com/2011/06/23/a-historic-bank-and-white-buffalo-calf-woman/