Ortonville Commercial Historic District


http://cityofortonville.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Historic-Ortonville.jpg
    The town of Ortonville was founded by C. K. Orton, who traveled on foot from Benson to claim the land that would become the town.  The Minnesota Legislature organized Ortonville as a village in 1881.  Most of the buildings in the historic district were built between 1898 and 1915, though the oldest buildings: the Schmidt Building, the Shumaker Building, and the Orton Block were built in 1879 before the village was formally organized.  At least six of the 19 historic buildings were constructed by the Carlson-Hasslen Construction Company, Ortonville's oldest continuously operated family business, founded in 1898 (now known as the Hasslen Construction Company).

Location:
Northwest Second Street between Madison and Monroe Avenues, Ortonville, MN 56278

Image: http://cityofortonville.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Historic-Ortonville.jpg