Built by Martens, Olsen & Co. of Laksevåg, Bergen, for Det Bergenske Dampskibsselskab, delivered in August 1885. Shipyard number, 16.


877 gross, 541 nett, 790 deadweight tonnes. Registered length 191.9 feet, beam 28.8 feet, depth 20.3 feet. 157 nom. HP, 800 IHP, two-cylinder Martens, Olsen compound engine, 11.5 knots.


On Hurtigrute from 5 October 1898 (as the first ship to operate out of Bergen on the service) to 1900, and again from 1910 to 1912. Possibly also served as relief ship between these two periods.


Designed for stamlinje and coastal kombinerte services, possibly also engaged in cruising in the late 1880s. Rebuilt winter 1915/6 as cargo only vessel. New engine in 1924; Lobnitz triple expansion, 69 nom. HP, 8.5 knots.


Bombed and sunk on 28 April 1940 in Tingvollfjorden, later raised, sold in 1943 to Anders and Gabriel Andersen of Hillevåg, Stavanger. Renamed Hillevåg, returned to service in July 1943 Frequently chartered to Stavangerske for Bergen to Oslo kystrute. Sold in 1950 to Schølberg-Knudsen of Kristiansand, sold in 1951 to Johan Gerrard of Kristiansand. Sold for breaking up in Belgium in January 1951.