HRR17 OSLO


 

Oslo

 

Built by Nylands Verksted, Oslo, for Arendals Dampskibsselskab, delivered October 1929.

 

881 gross tonnes. Registered length 187.0 feet, overall length 201.0 feet, beam 31.6 feet, depth 14.2/20.3 feet. 979 (some sources state 1,350) IHP Lenz double-compound engine, 14.5 knots.

 

Employed by Arendalske on Bergen to Oslo Kystrute and also on Oslo to Kristiansand express service. Chartered to Nordenfjeldske from January to June 1948 for use on the Hurtigrute while Kong Harald was being rebuilt.

 

Converted to oil-firing at Drammen Slip & Verksted in winter 1949/50.

 

Withdrawn in 1958, sold in May 1959 for 21,000 pounds sterling to Epirotiki of Pireás, renamed Aegeus. Sold in 1961 to Ionian Steamship Company, Pireás, renamed Kefaelinia. Destroyed by fire on 15 May 1968 while laid up at Ambelakia, Pireás; sank, later scrapped.