MIT Korean Language Class
MIT Korean Class is voluntarily run by Koreans mainly from MIT community with the support of MIT KGSA.
We welcome everyone who wishes to learn Korean and experience the Korean culture.
It's free and open to everyone on this planet! No registration is required.
We thank Prof. Lim in EECS, MIT for his kind support with purchase of much needed books.
한국어 교실 선생님 모집 공고
MIT 한국어 교실에서 함께 선생님으로 참여하실 분들을 찾고 있습니다.
학부생, 대학원생, 박사후연구원, 배우자분들, 보스톤에 거주하고 계신 분들 모두 환영합니다.
관심있으신 분은 firstname.lastname@example.org 로 메일주시면 감사하겠습니다.
New information regarding the class will be sent to your email address if you are on our mailing list.
If you want to receive email updates, please send an email to email@example.com (korean_class_teachers AT mit DOT edu)
- When: 7pm-8:30pm Every Wednesday, First class : Mar 11, Last class : May 13
- Beginner : TBA
- Elementary : TBA
- Intermediate: TBA
Classes (1 hour lecture + 30 min. recitation)
No pre-registration is required. You can just show up in the class any time!
1. Beginner - For those who are learning Korean for the first time.
- No prior knowledge of Korean is required at all.
- Normally spends first 4 weeks learning Korean Alphabet (Hangul) and then 3-4 weeks forming basic expressions.
- Taught in English.
2. Elementary - For those who know Korean Alphabet (Hangul) to a degree, but have difficulties in reading and understanding Korean.
- For those who have taken Beginner class before (1-2 times) or are familiar with the material covered in Beginner class.
- Prior knowledge of a few basic expressions is assumed.
- Taught in English.
- For those who can read Hangul and understand around 60%-80% of what's written.
- For those who can engage in a simple conversation in Korean.
- During lectures, students will read and understand a dialog in Korean. Recitations focus mostly on speaking skills.
- Taught mostly in Korean. Instructors will mainly use Korean during the class and speak in English when necessary.
korean_class_teachers AT mit DOT edu