Classes (1.5-hour lecture)
1. Elementary - For those who can read Hangul but have difficulties in understanding sentences in Korean
- Taught in English
- At the end of the semester, students will be able to speak, write, read and comprehend simple sentences in Korean.
- Before lectures, students are expected to read the materials written in English or watch short youtube videos that will explain topics.
- During lectures, students will practice forming sentences in Korean.
- Students may find the following YouTube videos helpful for learning Hangul prior to the classes:
2. Intermediate - For those who can read Hangul and understand 40%-60% of conversation and readings in a casual context
- For those who can engage in a simple conversation in Korean
- Taught in both Korean and English
- Before lectures, students are expected to read the materials in Korean that will be given.
- During lectures, students will comprehend the materials in Korean and discuss in simple Korean and English.
- Students are encouraged to ask questions in Korean, but asking complex ideas in English is still good.
- Instructors will try to use simple Korean expressions and will repeat in English to help students better.