Welcome to My Website!
Friday, April 5, 2013
Important Information and Reminders
· Be at school by 5:45am. The buses cannot wait for late arrivals.
· Bring snacks for the bus ride. Keep in mind that lunch is at 12pm. You are waking up around 5am. That’s a long time without food if you don’t bring a snack.
o No glass containers.
o Only water: no soda or juice on the bus.
o Nothing that will be messy on the bus.
· Bring a lunch (unless ordered from the school) in a separate container from your snacks. Lunch should be enough to fill you up – you will be walking all day!
o No glass containers.
o Juice boxes allowed only in lunch boxes – not on the bus!
o Nothing that needs to be heated or is too messy – picnic foods.
· The buses will arrive clean and they will leave clean. All trash must make its way into garbage bags. Any mess you make will be a mess you clean.
· Please watch the weather forecast and dress appropriately. We are going to be outside most of the day.
o Dressing in layers is usually best
o If it’s going to be raining, wear a parka/rain coat or bring an umbrella.
o Wear shoes that are comfortable- we’ll be on our feet all day.
· You can bring MP3 players, portable game devices (PSPs, Nintendo DS), or other electronics. These items will stay on the bus and you are responsible for the care and whereabouts of your personal items. Bring these items at your own risk.
o If you bring a portable DVD player, movies must be rated G or PG.
o Games must be rated E
o Personal games, music and DVD players must be attached to headphones.
o Personal electronics will be left on the bus while touring Williamsburg.
· Cameras are allowed. No camera/phone combos. Cell phones must remain off for the entirety of the trip. (May be used to call home if we have a more specific arrival time).
· You may NOT bring money to purchase souvenirs at the gift shop. We will not stop in the gift shops!
· Stay with your chaperone at all times. Appropriate behavior is expected both on and off the bus. You are a representative of our school.
· Parents should be here at MEHMS to pick you up at 6pm. Please remember we will have had a long day, so prompt pick-ups are expected. Please have your parents come to the door of your bus, then we will release you!
I have been coaching JV girl's soccer for Mason for the last three weeks. While this is one of my favorite activities, it also takes a lot of time. If you send me an email after 3:00, it is likely I won't be able to respond until the next day. Please direct all emergencies to the office. Thanks for your understanding!
Due to the issues with the Internet at school, I am having some difficulty updating my homework calendar. I also can't access schoology, nor can most students. All electronic Assignments are indefinitely postponed. When the Internet is working properly, I'll set reasonable due dates,
Thanks for understanding!
Today, we used an app called Triptico to review the Colonial Regions. Students can download this app for free onto a computer and create their own reviews. It's pretty useful! To download click here!
Congratulations! We have completed the first quarter! We're off to a great start. I can't wait to complete more projects this e quarter using technology. I love many of the power points you have done so far; I know they're going to get even better! The Explorer projects can be found under the Social Studies --> European Exploration tab!
Students, I have posted the math homework from yesterday (Monday 11/5) on the homework calendar, in schoology and under the THINK Math page (Math Tab). Please complete this homework either by printing it out or by writing the answers on a separate sheet of paper. It is due on Wednesday morning!
Hi from my comfy chair! If you happen to check Schoology or my website, you will see you have a reading response for September and October. Many of you finished your September response. If you didn't you should have a message from me in Schoology. You can finish this at home before the end of the week. Enjoy your day off!
Create your own public service announcement (PSA) based on the theme "The BEST me is drug FREE!"
Here are more directions Red Ribbon Week PSA
Fall Parent-Student-Teacher Conferences are coming up the week of November 5th! Please click on the link below to sign up for a time slot through Doodle. I have tried to provide a variety of time slots and days. Please be mindful of the week set aside by MEH for conferences and choose one that works best for your family’s schedule.
In fifth grade, we believe that students should be a part of the reflection and goal setting process, so we invite them and strongly encourage them to attend their conferences. All meetings are with me and will be 15 minutes long.
A couple of things about Doodle:
· Doodle will only allow you to select one time slot. If you are unable to click on a time slot, it is unavailable.
· Click on the “accordion” to expand and see all time slots.
· Please put your child’s name in the field for “participant”.
· Write down the time you selected. I do not believe any confirmation or reminder is sent to you via Doodle. I will send home reminders as the time nears.
· When you are done, click on “save”. It is that simple!