Makes 12 muffins
1 cup courgette, peeled and diced
1/2 cup coconut flour
3 oz. melted butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp baking soda
Rind of 1 large lemon finely grated - if not organic, immerse in a jug of boiling water for a minute
and dry before using.
1/2 cup butter
Rind of one lemon grated (preferable organic and not waxed)
2 generous Tbsp. honey
1. Put the courgette into the food processor and blitz it - scrape down the sides as necessary until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add coconut flour and blitz again to combine.
3. Add melted butter and blitz until mixed in thoroughly.
4. Add honey and eggs and mix to combine.
5. Add bicarbonate of soda and grated lemon.
6. Put mixture into muffin cases.
7. Bake at 16o deg (fan oven) 180 deg, or Gas 4 for 25 minutes, until well risen and golden on top and firm to touch.
To make the icing, grate the lemon rind into a bowl, add the other other ingredients and mix until smooth.