Mikhail (Misha) Freer
I'm a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in the Department of Economics at the University of Essex.
Previously I was a Postdoctoral Fellow in the ECARES at the Université libre de Bruxelles and held Research Associate position in the Department of Economics at the University of Leuven (KU Leuven). In addition I was a member of the Group for the Advancement of Revealed Preferences (GARP).
Research interests: game theory, experimental economics and revealed preference theory.
Here is my CV.
- Freer, M., Martinelli, C. and Wang, S. (2020) Collective Experimentation: A Laboratory Study. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 175, 365-379 [PDF]
- Castillo, M., Cross, P. and Freer, M. (2019). Nonparametric Utility Theory in Strategic Settings: Revealing Preferences and Beliefs from Games of Proposal and Response, Games and Economic Behavior, 115, 60-82. [PDF]
- Castillo, M. and Freer, M. (2018). Revealed Differences. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 145, 202-217. [PDF]
- Credibility in Second-Price Auctions: An Experimental Test (with Ahrash Dianat)
- An Algebraic Approach to Revealed Preferences (with César Martinelli)
- A Revealed Preference Test of Quasi-Linear Preferences: Theory and Experiments (with Marco Castillo)
- Revealed Preference Analysis of Expected Utility Maximization under Prize-Probability Trade-Offs (with Laurens Cherchye, Bram De Rock and Thomas Demuynck)
- A Representation Theorem for General Revealed Preferences (with César Martinelli)
- Revealed Social Preferences (with Artur Dolgopolov)
- Selection in the Lab: A Network Approach (with Aleksandr Alekseev)
Work in Progress:
- Stable Marriage with Children: Child Custody Legislation and Intrahousehold Sharing (with Khushboo Surana)
- Revealed Preferences of Two-Stage Games (with Thomas Demuynck)
- Salience Revealed (with Marco Castillo and Ragan Petrie)
- Reconstructing Strategies in Dynamic Games (with Arthur Dolgopolov)
- Beyond Dominant-Strategy Mechanism Design: Is Strategic Simplicity Good Enough? (with Ahrash Dianat)
Publications in Russian:
- Matrosova K., Freer M. (2017), The Technology Levels, Diffusion and Innovation, Finance and Business, 2017, 2, 22-30
- Levin M., Shilova N., Freer M. (2014), Xenophobic slogans as a political instrument: economic analysis, Economic Science of Modern Russia, 4(67), 64-76
- Levin M., Shilova N., Freer M. (2012). Rational xenophobia: predictable results and unexpected consequences, Finance and Business, 2012, 4, 35-48
- Levin M., Shilova N., Freer M. (2012). On the Models of Xenophobia and Ethnic Hatred, Chapter in the book: XII International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development, Moscow, Russia. In 4 books, Edited by Evgeny G. Yasin, Book 1, Publishing House NRU HSE, 234-240