Mike Mingcheng Wei
Assistant Professor of Operations Management
Operations Management and Strategy Department
School of Management, University at Buffalo
326C Jacobs Management Center, Buffalo, NY 14260-4000
- Ph.D. in Operations & Manufacturing Management, Olin Business School, Washington University in St. Louis.
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, The Pennsylvanian State University.
- B.B.A. in Information Management and Information Systems, School of Management, Fudan University.
Supply chain management, game theoretic operations models, revenue management, consumer behavior, machine learning, high-dimensional statistics.
- Wang, X., M. M. Wei, T. Yao. Online Learning and Decision-Making under Generalized Linear Model with High-Dimensional Data.
- Preliminary version: Wang, X., M. M. Wei, T. Yao. 2018. Minimax Concave Penalized Multi-Armed Bandit Model with High-Dimensional Covariates. International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML).
- Wei, M.M., M. Wu. Dynamic Pricing of Fashionable Products with C2C Marketplaces and Strategic Consumers.
- Cui, S., S. Hu, M. M. Wei. The Role of Product and Market Information in an Online Marketplace.
- Wei, M.M., S. Xu, T. Yao. Strategic Outsourcing Contract Participation and Selection under Cost Uncertainty.
- Aviv, Y., M. M. Wei. Innovative Dynamic Pricing: The Potential Benefits of Early-Purchase Reward Programs.
- Aviv, Y., M.M. Wei, F. Zhang. 2018. Responsive Pricing of Fashion Products: The Effects of Demand Learning and Strategic Consumer Behavior. Management Science. Forthcoming.
- Wei, M.M., F. Zhang. 2018. Advance Selling to Strategic Consumers: Preorder Contingent Pricing or Preorder Contingent Production? Production and Operations Management. Forthcoming.
- Wei, M.M., F. Zhang. 2017. Recent Research Developments of Strategic Consumer Behavior in Operations Management. Computer and Operations Research. Forthcoming.
- Wei, M.M., T. Yao, B. Jiang, S.T. Young. 2013. Profit Seeking vs. Survival Seeking: an Analytical Study of Supplier’s Behavior and Buyer’s Subsidy Strategy. Production and Operations Management 22(2) 269-282.
- Yao, T., M.M. Wei, B. Zhang, T. Friesz. 2012. Congestion Derivatives for a Traffic Bottleneck with Heterogeneous Commuters. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 46(10) 1454–1473.
- Yao, T., T. Friesz, M.M. Wei, Y. Yin. 2010. Congestion Derivatives for a Traffic Bottleneck. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 44(10) 1149-1165.