Note the "Print page" link at the bottom.
Note: If power is out and you have a smartphone (and cell service is available), you can access every link/website in this page. See below for when cell service is NOT available.
A: Here are some suggested steps to prepare for a power outage
- If you are not receiving NIXLE notifications, please go to http://www.jeffcoeoc.org/nixle3.htm to learn more and subscribe.
- If power is out, view the PUD outage map at https://ebill.jeffpud.org/woViewer/mapviewer.html?config=Outage+Web+Map
- Report power outages to PUD at 360-385-5800.
- Please read this article on the PUD website about “Storm and Emergency Preparedness” - http://www.jeffpud.org/storm-and-emergency-preparedness/
- Tune to KPTZ (91.9 FM) for updates on the half hour: if conditions worsen, every 15 minutes, or still worse, every 10 minutes.
- Although we recommend that you print all 33 pages of the PDF “Think-Plan-Do-Repeat - AN INCLUSIVE GUIDE” you might want to review and print pages 10-13. Click here to jump to page 10 - http://www.jeffcoeoc.org/documents/ThinkPlanDo2016.pdf#page=10
- Click http://bit.ly/about-think-plan-do-repeat to help us improve the guide.
- If you are concerned about Hood Canal bridge status, go to http://www.wsdot.com/traffic/hoodcanal/
- Check your own area by typing in your zip code at the link http://www.weather.gov/ and see what watches there are for where you live.
- When you have time, review the JC Department of Emergency Management (DEM) Library at http://www.jeffcoeoc.org/library.htm
- Please share this information by sending a link to this webpage - http://www.miep.us/poweroutages - to your friends and neighbors.
- If you wish to suggest improvements to this webpage, please click here to view the Google Doc version of this webpage and add your Comments.
- Click here to see a REALLY handy device for when you need light and want your hands free.
B: If you have a Facebook account, subscribe to ...
- PUD - https://www.facebook.com/Jefferson-County-Pud-1-120598511472890/
- Jeffcom 9-1-1 - https://www.facebook.com/Jeffcom-9-1-1-155428854811056/?fref=ts
- WA Emergency https://www.facebook.com/WashEMD/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
- US National Weather Service Seattle Washington - https://www.facebook.com/NWSSeattle/
- MI Emergency Preparedness - https://www.facebook.com/groups/MIEmergencyPrep/?ref=bookmarks
- FRS Emergency Radio - https://www.facebook.com/groups/993550547331902/?ref=bookmarks?
C: If you have a Twitter account, subscribe to ...
D: If you have a smartphone,
- Download APPs
- *NEW* Text 468311 with “wsdot hood” to get alerts about the Hood Canal bridge (or “wsdot stop” to stop) ** DATA RATES may apply
- *NEW* Click here if you want to store this and other important Google Docs in your smartphone AND be able to view them “offline” when you can’t access the Internet.
E: Interesting weather links:
- “Earth” - a visualization of global weather conditions forecast by supercomputers updated every three hours https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-126.30,44.51,1644
- Here are variants of that map
- Cliff Mass Weather Blog provides (very detailed) updated forecasts and comments on current weather or other topics - http://cliffmass.blogspot.com
Note: This web page was last updated on 4/15/2017 from this Google Doc
This website is a work-in-progress. Many web pages (accessed from links in the left sidebar) need attention and will be updated as time permits.