What are some of the ways that I can volunteer at Middleton?
These are just a few of the many ways you can volunteer your time at Middleton:
- Classroom activities: reading groups, field trips, parties, art projects, etc.
- Facilitate Clubs : Mileage Club, Chess Club, Passport Club, etc.
- Coordinate Fundraisers: Popcorn Fridays, Box Tops for Education, Fun Run, etc.
- Annual Events: Carnival, Horseshoe Hop, Career Day, etc.
Have questions about a specific event? We have listed coordinators for every event here; feel free to reach out to them any time!
How do I get started?
For the safety of your child, every person who volunteers at Middleton is required to complete an annual background check. Please note that it takes about one week to process a background check form, so if you'd like to volunteer for a field trip or special event, please plan accordingly. Once your background check has been completed, your name tag will be made available in the front office and you are ready to volunteer!
Beginning in July, volunteers may submit an online background check form for the upcoming school year.
How do I sign up to volunteer?
- If you would like to volunteer in your child's classroom, simply communicate directly with your child's teacher.
- You can indicate your areas of interest using the HelpCounter website after your annual background check has been received and processed by the school district.
- Many volunteer opportunities are advertised on our Facebook page or in the Middleton Weekly email sent out each Friday by the front office. Contact the front office at (503) 825-5300 if you would like to be added to the Middleton Weekly Email recipient list.
Background Check Form (must be completed each school year)
Currently accepting background check submissions for the 2018-2019 school year