Joshua Middendorf's Projects
Games of Many Types
Currently, I am maintaining several projects:
- Frank and K's Rules for D&D PDF
- Tomes of Necromancy and Fiends, Dungeonomicon, and Races of War
- Redesign of several races, tons of classes and prestige classes
- Warrior classes which are balanced against primary spellcasters
- Rules for the "wish economy"
- All in one handy cross-linked pdf (roughly 200 pages), and written in LaTeX with the source available
- A Precision Bridge Convention Card (doc)
- 16+ 1C opener
- Redesigned 1D
- A new approach to 1 Major bids
- Formatted in MS Word for dual column landscape orientation, maybe a html port eventually
- Work in Progress
- Official current bugfix version for Sangband, a rogue-like game
- "Sangband is a dungeon adventure game, a variant of Angband, which is a variant of Moria, which is a descendant of Rogue. Its primary inspiration is the works of J.R.R. Tolkien, among the greatest wordsmiths of the English language."
- Roguelikes in general are non-realtime, overhead
tactical and strategic dungeon-crawling games. In their purest form,
each tile is represented by an ascii character. Angband has been
ported to a large number of platforms.
- While the maintainer
is away, I will do my best periodically fix bugs and update the
SAngband code with non-controversial changes
- Unofficial beta version of Sangband
- Includes all the bugfixes, and is a testbed for new ideas
- Redesigned martial arts to include deadliness and criticals
- Improved support for "shadowstalker" characters, including terrian detection
- Elven Rings are redesigned to be more different and unique from each other and also more thematic.