Welcome to the Michigan Tech Formula SAE
2014 Competition at Michigan International Speedway
The Michigan Tech 2014 MIS Team
61st out of 120 teams
Completed all events, including...
- Testing stock Yamaha engine to establish power and torque targets
- Incorporating Performance Electronics PE3 ECU into the Yamaha engine
- Design and construct 1st iteration of F194 competition intake
- Continuously improve dynamometer setup by incorporating dyno water discharge temperature and exhaust air to fuel ratio measurements
- Fabricated F194 steering system and set up chassis for preliminary driveability
- Built chassis jigs and have begun welding of F315 chassis
- Constructed impact attenuator for F194 out of aluminum honeycomb
- Molded carbon fiber steering wheel for F914
- Constructed shear panels for F315
- Generated molds for F194 body and began a preliminary aero-package report
- Made first 3D printed brake light housing
- Incorporated PE3 ECU into Dyno
Additionally, Michigan Tech's Formula SAE team would be happy to provide additional information/updates to anyone interested. If you see an area you would like to contribute to or would like to offer assistance or advice, you can contact our leaders HERE. As always, our weekly team meetings are held in the ATDC building from 7pm to 8.
If you are interested in purchasing team apparel to support MTU's racing program, contact Dan Burg at email@example.com.
- Shop Shirt - $30
- Polo - $30
- T-Shirt - $15
- Hoodie - $45
- Hat - $16
- Winter Beanie - $10
Show your support for the team by getting decked out in the latest FSAE swag!
- Disclaimer: Prices subject to change, availability not guaranteed.
Visit our facebook
for more team updates and photos.