Welcome to the Yu group where principles of protein folding and assembly are applied to develop new materials and biotechnologies, ranging from piezoelectric fibers to tissue engineering scaffolds and disease targeting molecules. We are multidisciplinary scientists and engineers, who are interested in designing new peptide/protein architectures that are of high scientific values, as well as identifying and solving real-world "materials" and "bioengineering" problems that have great potentials to impact multiple engineering and medical fields.
Please click on the following links to read more about the major research projects in our group:
Interested in trying our technology in your study? The research reagents, 5-FAM and biotin labeled CHPs (Collagen Hybridizing Peptides) developed by our group are available for purchase on www.3helix.com.
We welcome passionate researchers to join our team! Please check the Position and contact Prof. Yu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- February, 2015, 3Helix INC, a new biotech company based on group's technology was formed.
- September, 2014, graduate student, Amanda Reynolds joined our research group. Welcome!
- August, 2014, new NIH project on CMP-based therapeutics have been funded.
- May, 2014, graduate student Sasha Zudova joined our research group. Welcome on board!
- Dr. Yu is now on the editorial board for the Bioengineering section of the Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE), a peer-reviewed, PubMed-indexed video journal.
- January, 2014, graduate students Julian Kessler and Lucas Bennink joined our research group. Welcome on board!
- November 4, 2013, Dr. Daniel Smith joined our new lab in University of Utah! Welcome on board, Dr. Smith!
- October 18, 2013, Dr. Boi Hoa San joined our new lab in University of Utah! Welcome on board, Dr. San!
- The Yu group will move to Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah this fall. Stay tuned for more updates.
- May 29, 2013, Tania Chan successfully defended her PhD thesis. Congratulations!
- March 1, 2013, Patrick Stahl successfully defended his PhD thesis. Congratulations!
- January 15, 2013, Yang Li successfully defended his PhD thesis. Congratulations!