The Region 8 Meyer Freifechter Guild - Italia study group is proud to invite every european Brother to the Italian Meyer Convivium 2015. The event is host in Sant'Angelo Romano, Lazio, Rome.
Local airports are:
- [FCO] Fiumicino airport: https://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-fco-fiumicino
- [CIA] Ciampino airport: http://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-cia-ciampino
Both airports are linked by train to main stations in Rome:
- Fiumicino airport to Tiburtina station by FL1/FR1 rail line: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FR1_%28Lazio_regional_railways%29
- Ciampino airport to Termini station by FL4/FR4 rail line: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FR4_%28Lazio_regional_railways%29
Trains are managed by Trenitalia: http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=4ddd1a035296f310VgnVCM1000005817f90aRCRD
Food and beverages are onsite as well as Lodging. They are not included in the ticket price.
The cost to access to the event is 60 Euro.
Bank transfer to
Bank: Poste Italiane
Holder: Andrea Conti
Otherwise paying by paypal with a little surcharge of 3 Euro.
Lodging is mainly bed&breakfast. As soon as possible a list of B&B will be available.
This is the first edition of the european Meyer Convivium. Our aim is to replicate the importance of the US Meyer Symposium and to share both events by any web device someday. In this way many european/american MFFG members will be able to attend at both events without to deal with long travels or flights. For now this is a stand-alone event ad we are certain Meyer Convivium won't be perfect in every aspect. Of course we are determinated to do our best.
Subsequent updates will be released by the FB event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/777756625612810/
This is the schedule of Meyer Convivium 2015:
Saturday, 30 May: Start 10.00 - End 19.00
- Hour 10.00 - 11.30: Kevin Maurer, "Lecture on Fechtschule tournament rules." Place: Sala del Mulino, in Sant'Angelo Romano castle.
- Hour 12.00 - 14.00: Longsword tournament qualification as explained in former Lecture. Place: Public Gym.
- Hour 14.30 - 15.30: Lunch.
- Hour 16.00 - 18.00: Longsword tournament eliminating round and award cerimony. Place: Public Gym.
- Hour 18.00 - 19.30: 1st Workshop: Andy Taylor Place: Public Gym.
Sunday, 31 May: Start 09.00 - End 18.00
- Hour 09.00 - 11.30: 2nd Workshop: Jerzy Miklaszewski. Place: Public Gym.
- Hour 11.30 - 13.00: 3rd Workshop: Roger Norling. Place: Public Gym.
- Hour 14.00 - 15.00: Lunch.
- Hour 15.00 - 16.15: Free Sparrings/Demostrations to people. Place: Belvedere Square.
- Hour 16.30 - 18.00: 4th Workshop: Kevin Maurer Place: Public Gym.