St. Louis ASA program, or if you are interested in becoming an ASA Registered Umpire, please contact our St. Louis ASA Umpire program.
the Metro St. Louis Amateur Softball Association website. Metro St. Louis ASA is a local member association of the Amateur Softball Association of America which is The National Governing Body of Softball in the United States. The National ASA is divided into fifteen Regions. St. Louis ASA belongs to the Mid America Region also known as (Region 12) along with five other local associations. Region 12 consists of Iowa ASA, KansasASA, Missouri ASA, Nebraska ASA, Kansas City Metro ASA, and St. Louis Metro ASA. It is the purpose of this website to educate and inform players, managers, coaches, umpires, and fans of the activities of the St. Louis ASA at local, regional, and national levels.
January 1, 2014
To: Coaches, Players, & Parents
Re: Individual & Team Registration Information
As the next softball season approaches, St. Louis ASA would like to service your team and provide each participant quality insurance at an affordable price. Teams have two options when registering ASA in St. Louis. The minimal requirement is to have your team register with our office for $15.00 / year. There is NO Insurance provided, but teams may participate in ASA play by purchasing either Team or Individual Insurance.
Individual player/coach insurance is the most economical way to register each participant with ASA and provides them with quality insurance coverage. For $10.00 / participant, players and coaches will receive the following benefits:
• ASA insurance includes excess medical coverage which will pay for deductibles or co-payments. If the registrant does not have any medical insurance coverage, the ASA insurance program becomes the primary coverage. Coverage is a 90/10 policy.
• Insurance is provided to all registering participants which includes:
$250,000 Excess Accident Medical Insurance and $5,000,000 Liability Insurance.
• ASA Balls & Strikes Magazine provided.
• If a player changes teams they do not need to re-register.
• Participants Receive An Individual Registration Card.
• ASA Rule Book and Scorebook provided to Manager or Coach listed as the contact person for the team.
• Discounts on Official ASA licensed merchandise.
• Coverage is provided for the period of 1/1/14 to 12/31/14.
• Players are covered while participating in tryouts, practices, batting cages, and other softball activities.
• Coverage follows the player throughout the year for all softball activities, even if the player joins or plays with another ASA registered team.
• Coverage follows the players on an individually registered team even if the team plays in a non-ASA Softball sanctioned event.
• You may also choose to register additional individuals such as Assistant Coaches, Scorekeepers, etc. at the same rate as Coaches / Managers.
• $250 Deductible
St. Louis ASA is dedicated to help your team have the best experience possible. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Ron Taylor - Junior Olympic Commissioner - St. Louis ASA
9464 Page Ave, St. Louis, MO 63132
M) 314-520-2713 E) StLouisASA@gmail.com