1. Open a shell and execute the following commands,
Write a small java program (say a "Hello World" program) and put it in a directory. Compile the program and change directory to some other directory and try to execute the class file (This will help you to learn about setting PATH/CLASSPATH variables!).
2. Write a java program to print the size of different data types in java (list all the data types!).
3. Write java program to reverse a string using StringBuffer class (do not use String class for data manipulation!)
4. Try to learn the difference between String and StringBuffer classes by writing small programs.
5. Write a class with a package statement in it and try to run it.