- 1 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 lb. deli-roasted chicken, skinned, boned, and coarsely shredded
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 14-oz. cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (6 oz.)
- 1-1/4 cups crumbled blue cheese (5 oz.)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz.)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
1. In 4-quart Dutch oven melt butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in broth, milk, and the 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce.
2. In bowl toss together mozzarella, 1 cup of the blue cheese, Parmesan, and flour. Add gradually to soup, stirring after each addition just until melted. Stir in three-fourths of the shredded chicken; heat through. Top with remaining chicken, blue cheese, and hot sauce. Makes 6 servings.