2017 Annual Membership Meeting
MAMBA Annual Membership Meeting
Group met on 3/8/2017 at 6:30 PM at Keyes Community Room
Present at meeting: Jerry Porter, Joan Carlson, Adam Beston, Bob Heise, Kim Wentworth, Tod Griffith, Chris Schrantz, Leah Hauck 715-235-9087, Tourism@menomoniechamber.org
Jerry reviewed budget:
Beginning Balance - $1,738.42
Contributions - $4,400.41
Support of Ops - $220.02
Other Expenses - $4,422.34
End Balance - $1,496.47
Jerry talked about 3M Bike Collection that Kim Porter is organizing for April at 3M.
Bikes collected and will be transported to Menomonie Middle School to get the Middle School bike program going again. Funds from our grant still exist to provide parts and necessities to repair bikes to give away to kids. Mike Anderson has been contacted and will work with us on space and other issues.
Annual Elections held for:
- President - Tod Griffith
- Vice President - Steve Brown
- Secretary/Treasurer – Jerry Porter
- Trail Marshal for Menomin Park – Kim Wentworth
- Trail Marshal for Environmental Site - Bob Hiese
- Member at large - Joan Carlson
Proposed board and officers, Kim Wentworth seconded the proposal of same board.
Voted unanimously to approve.
New Project - Menomin Map Update:
- Tod will lead project to redo Menomin Park maps with the county.
New Project - Update "Let's Ride" Map:
- Leah asked group if they will help lead project to update the Chamber's Let's Ride Map that was done with the County years ago. The group talked about the Tuesday night ride group and who may help with the project. Steve Brown will lead.
New Trails in Menomin:
- Reviewed locations for new trails in Menomin presented by Tod and Kim.
Sadistic Century Mountain Bike Time Trial - 08/19/2017 with Sadistic Century
- Tod and Kim will pick route for Sadistic MTB TT.
- Registration part of Sadistic Century at Rec Center (Ice Arena)
- Need volunteers to
- Mark course
- Course marshals
- Contact Jerry Porter to volunteer
Environmental Site - Discussion around new trails
- Chris Schrantz will contact Leah Shambeau to spray the lot when he is in the area.
- Need to keep the lot viable.
We will do an Earthday with the middle school.
- Jerry will contact Mark Anderson about a Menomin Park workday - Earthday
Bob- will contact Ashley about Environmental site earthday
Workdays - Second Saturday's starting in April - April 9th.
Chris can get a couple of volunteers