"Each One, Make One"
White (purity, joy) and Red (fire, blood, charity)
The person serving in the role must be a Life Member. The purpose of
the department is to organize all Life Members, Matrons, Patrons, and
Honorary Life members into a local council.
The Life Members Council is the most exciting department in the Women’s
Home and Overseas Missionary Society! This department captures the
hearts and interests of men, women, boys, and girls from across the
width and breath of Zion. An investment in this department is an
investment in the lives of Zion’s greatest resource: Her People!
Becoming a member and investing in the Life Members Council supports the following ministries as listed on the Tree of Hope:
- A scholarship fund for students attending Hood Theological Seminary.
- Grants and support to each of our A.M.E. Zion Church Schools.
- Salaries and stipends for field workers in the overseas area.
- Missionary training in America and Overseas.
- Operational expenses of the General Society.
- Scholarship awards for students attending an A.M.E. Zion Church School of Higher Learning.
In addition to your initial investment and receipt of a stole, we ask that you continue to support these ongoing ministries by:
- Paying $5.00 annual due.
- Giving a donation during the month of October for the Anna L. Anderson Observance.
- Contributing to the Margaret S. Willie Scholarship Fund.
in the exciting new “A Heart for Overseas Missions” project to support
our missions work overseas. The attached flyer provides additional
information about this project. Click here to download the Flyer