Tower A, 7 London Circuit
Canberra ACT 2601
mehrtash (döt) harandi (ät) data61 (döt) csiro (döt) au
I am a member of the Machine Learning Research Group (MLRG) in Data61-CSIRO and a senior adjunct lecturer at ANU, working with prof. Richard Nock, prof. Richard Hartley, prof. Fatih Porikli, Dr. Mathieu Salzmann, Dr. Basura Fernando and Dr. Anoop Cherian.
I am interested in various aspects of learning, especially with a flavor of visual data. I regularly review papers for top international conferences (e.g. CVPR, ICCV, NIPS, ECCV, ACCV) and journals (e.g. IEEE TPAMI, IJCV, IEEE TIP, IEEE TNNLS, Pattern Recognition).
- Masoud Faraki, PhD Student (2014 - Present)
- Samitha Herath, PhD Student (2016 - Present)
- Soumava Kumar Roy, PhD Student (2016 - Present)
- Engineering Data Analytics - Australian National University (ANU) 2016, 2017
- Individual Project - Australian National University (ANU) 2015
- Signal & Image Processing II - University of Queensland (2010-2012)
- 2 papers accepted to CVPR'17.
- Our paper "Dimensionality Reduction on SPD Manifolds: The Emergence of Geometry-Aware Methods" is accepted by TPAMI.
- Our survey on action recognition (https://arxiv.org/abs/1605.04988) is accepted to Image and Vision Computing.
- Serving as an Area Chair for WACV 2017.
- Our paper "Distribution-Matching Embedding for Visual Domain Adaptation" is accepted by JMLR.