My name is Mehdi Ghasemi (in Persian "مهدی قاسمی"). I was born in Iran - Tehran on February 1980, and grew up there.
I graduated from Amirkabir
University of Technology with bachelor degree, August 2002, then finished my master degree in Tarbiat Modares
University, August 2004.
After graduating in master degree I was working for IPM
as a researcher between April 2004 and March 2005, then more than three years for Omigaman
as a web developer and analyst.
- M. Ghasemi, M. Infosino S. Kuhlmann, and M. Marshall, Moment Problem for Symmetric Algebras of Locally Convex Spaces, to appear ()
- M. Ghasemi, S. Kuhlmann, and M. Marshall, Moment Problem in Infinitely Many Variables, to appear in Israel J. Math. ()
- M Ghasemi, Integral representation of linear functionals on function spaces, to appear. ()
- M. Ghasemi, On the topologies induced by a cone, to appear. ()
- M. Ghasemi, M. Marshall, Lower bounds for a polynomial on a basic closed semialgebraic set using geometric programming, to appear. ()
- M. Ghasemi, S. Kuhlmann, M. Marshall, Application of Jacobi's Representation Theorem to locally multiplicatively convex topological R-Algebras,
J. Funct. Anal. 266:2 (1041-1049), 2014. ()
- M. Ghasemi, J. B. Lasserre, M. Marshall, Lower bounds on the global minimum of a polynomial, Comput. Optim. Appl 56(1), 2013. ()
- M. Ghasemi, S. Kuhlmann, Closure of the cone of sums of 2d-powers in real topological algebras, J. Funct. Anal. 264 (413-427), 2013. ()
- Ph.D. Thesis, Polynomial Optimization and Moment Problem, University of Saskatchewan. ()
- M. Ghasemi, M. Marshall, S. Wagner, Closure of the cone of sums of 2d-powers in certain weighted l1-seminorm topologies, to appear in Can. Math. Bull. ()
- M. Ghasemi, M. Marshall, Lower bounds for polynomials using geometric programming, SIAM J. Optim, 22 issue 2, (460-473), 2012. ()
- M. Ghasemi, S. Kuhlmann, E. Samei, The Moment Problem for Continuous Positive Semidefinite Linear functionals, Arch. Math. (Basel) 100 (43-53), 2013. ()
- M. Ghasemi, M. Marshall, Lower bounds for a polynomial in
terms of its coefficients, Arch. Math. (Basel) 95 (343-353), 2010. ()
- M. Ghasemi, M. Moniri, Beaty Sequences and the arithmetical hierarchy, LNL 26, Logic in Tehran ASL (126-133), 2006. ()
- M.Sc. Thesis, Integer Parts of Real Arithmetic Progressions and Computability, Tarbiat Modares Uni. Supervisor: Prof. M. Moniri. (In Persian )
- The moment problem for unital commutative topological algebras, Analysis Seminar, University of Waterloo, Canada 2015. ()
- Integral representation of linear functionals on commutative algebras, IWOTA 2014, Amsterdam, The Netherlands 2014. ()
- Lower Bounds for a Polynomial on a basic Closed Semialgebraic Set using Geometric Programming, Siam Optimization, San Diego, USA 2014. ()
- Integral Representations of Continuous Linear Functionals in LMC real Algebras, IWOTA2013, Bangalore, India, 2013. ()
- Moment problem for continuous linear functionals, NTU-SNU joint workshop on mathematics and applications, Singapore, 2013. ()
- An application of Jacobi's theorem to LMC real algebras, University of Saskatchewan, Canada, 2012. ()
- Sum of Squares and Global Optimization, Real Algebra, Geometry and Convexity, Leipzig, Germany, 2011.()
- An application of nonstandard analysis, A Tow-Day Seminar on Mathematical Logic, IPM, Tehran, Iran, 2005.
Useful math related web tools
Yes, I am a fan of web applications and here are some of my favorites:
Sage, online calculator implementing
Singular and more.
- SahreLaTeX, an online LaTeX editor (Collaborative tool).
- Magma, online calculator.
- GQueues, a full-featured task manager (Not related to mathematics, but cool).
Email address: mehdi.ghasemi (at) usask (dot) ca OR mghasemi (at) ntu (dot) edu (dot) sg