- 8 oz. Rigatoni
- 2-3 Small zucchini
- 2-3 Small summer squash
- 3 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 TB olive oil
- Small handful of basil leaves, chopped or torn
- 1/4-1/2 cup onion sliced or diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan to taste (I probably used close to a 1/2 cup
- Halve the zucchini and squash lengthwise, then cut into half-moon slices
- Boil rigatoni in salted water to al dente, or your preferred softness.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet on med-high and add the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook less than 1 minute.
- Add the onion, zucchini and squash to the oil. Stir to occasionally
to keep them cooking evenly, about 4-5 minutes, or until the zucchini
and squash are tender.
- Toss the veg, drained pasta, and basil leaves together in the skillet.
- Add the salt, pepper, and parmesan until it tastes good to you.