Scientific Name: Woodfordia fruticosa Kurz
The Fire Flame Bush is a very common shrub which grows to a height of 3.6 metres and is found in the hilly regions of India.The brown bark has fibres peeling off from the hairy stem.The stalkless,ovate-lanceolate leaves are placed opposite to each other and sometimes in whorls of three arising at the nodes.Te small,red,bell-shaped flowers arise from the axils of the leaves and along the stems.The capsule is membranous and the seeds are brown in colour.
HOW TO USE:
- For expelling worms from the body,for dysentery,leprosy,erysipelas(which is a contagious,subcutaneous skin disease associated eith local inflammation of the skin),and diseases of the blood.
- Leucorrhoea,menorrhagia and toothache
- Haemorrhoids and derangements of the liver.
- Dysentery and diarrhoea.
PARTS USED: The bark and flowers.
- The decoction of the bark is used to expel worms from the body,for dysentery,leprosy,erysipelas and diseases of the blood.
- The infusion of the flowers is used to take care of leucorrhoea,menorrhagia and toothache.
- The infusion of the dried flowers is used for haemorrhoids and derangement of the liver.
- The dry powdered flowers are mixed with honey and administered to check dysentery and diarrhoea.
DOSE: Normal or as indicated above.