- The action or process of making such drawings
- scale drawing of a machine or architectural plan etc,
- drafting: the craft of drawing blueprints
- A scale drawing of a mechanical or architectural structure done with
- A mechanical systems drawing, a type of technical drawing, shows information
about architectural mechanical systems such as HVAC systems.
- A thing that represents or stands for something else, esp. a material object
representing something abstract
- (symbol) an arbitrary sign (written or printed) that has acquired a
- A shape or sign used to represent something such as an organization, e.g., a
red cross or a Star of David
- (symbol) something visible that by association or convention represents
something else that is invisible; "the eagle is a symbol of the United
- A mark or character used as a conventional representation of an object,
function, or process, e.g., the letter or letters standing for a chemical
element or a character in musical notation
- (symbolic) emblematic: serving as a visible symbol for something abstract;
"a crown is emblematic of royalty"; "the spinning wheel was as symbolic of
colonical Massachusetts as the codfish"
mechanical drawing symbols - Drafting
Drafting Symbol Sourcebook
A comprehensive guide to drafting symbols, this
clearly illustrated guide is the perfect tool for students and professionals.
Long needed, the Drafting Symbol Sourcebook provides a single convenient source
for over 1,600 architectural, engineering, and trade symbols—every symbol you
need when writing or reading blueprints and other schematics. Essential at the
drafting table and handy in the field, this one-stop source makes unnecessary
the dozens of books and publications, and piles of expensive software, once
needed to find this wealth of information. With this book, you simply flip
directly to any needed symbol. An unparalleled resource, this book is sure to
become one of your favorite tools.
KACAO77 1998 GREEN LANTERN / KYLE RAYNER
PAPERSKETCH COVER FROM THE BACKJUMPS MAGAZINE ISSUE # 16
KACAO77 1998 GRENN LANTERN / KYLE RAYNER "NOW
IT`S TIME FOR THE ZERO HOUR OF POWER!" PAPERSKETCH 42 X 29,6 CM
mechanical drawing symbols
The Manual of Engineering Drawing has long been
recognised as the student and practising engineer's guide to producing and
interpreting engineering drawings that comply with ISO and ASME standards. All
information provided is equally applicable to any CAD application or manual
The third edition is fully in line with the requirements of the
latest ISO standards and brand new chapters on the principles of 3D annotation
and the differences between ISO and ASME standards serve to make this book an
even more valuable reference.
Key topics include:
and oblique projections
electric and hyrdraulic diagrams
guidance on tolerancing.
Written by two members of the
ISO committee, the Manual of Engineering Drawing combines up-to-the-minute
technical accuracy with clear, readable explanations and numerous
* The definitive guide to draughting to the latest ISO and ASME
* An essential reference for engineers, and students, involved in
design engineering and product design
* Written by two ISO committee members
and practising engineers.