You can download a copy of this quiz: check the attachments listed at the foot of the page.
much do you know about the science behind ME/CFS?
Click True or False to find out if you are right!
1. “Chronic fatigue” is a correct short term for “chronic fatigue syndrome.” True or False?
2. ME/CFS is an uncommon illness. True or False?
3. Fibromyalgia is essentially the same
illness as ME/CFS. True or False?
4. People with ME/CFS are tired all the
time. We’re tired at the end of the day, especially at this age (30/40/50/60),
so being “fatigued” is really no big deal. True or False?
5. ME/CFS must be psychological—who was
heard of any biological basis for it? True or False?
6. ME/CFS is being researched in
universities and clinics worldwide, to the same extent as diabetes, cancer and
AIDS. True or False?
7. ME/CFS is a serious illness. True or False?
8. People with
ME/CFS are just tired because they are out of shape and they would surely get better
if they would just exercise. True or False?
disabled with ME/CFS have access to all the services, assistance and rights
already available to meet the needs of disabled citizens in Canada. True or False?
usually get better from ME/CFS, it’s just a matter of time. True or False?
From MacDonald, L. (2008, Spring 2008). The Science of CFS: CFS Myth-busting Quiz 2008. Quest: National ME/FM Action Network Newsletter, 77.Read the whole thing on one page here. Or download the attachment listed below.
Want to know even more? Check out the references for this mythbusting quiz.