November 4Early Release Day: No advisory period
Veterans Day: No school
Digital Footprint and Your online reputation (you may not get through all of this today, feel free to adapt for your group)
What does your digital footprint say about you?
Opening Question to discuss:
• Can you tell what a person is really like offline based on what you find online?
1. Show Video to start discussion:
How will you express yourself?
Your online reputation. How does it affect your future?
1. To Begin: Questions for discussion:
• Do you think teens share too much information about yourselves online? Why or why not?
• Do you think you should judge someone solely based on what you find about them online? Why or why not?
• What types of online information would help present the most positive image of you?
• What types of online information might present a negative image that could harm you in the future?
2. What is your Online reputation? View Download
a. Share the first part of the article (page 1 of download)
(How do college admissions use your online reputation)
b. Share parts or all of these articles: (students could be asked to read and summarize to the group)
Young job-seekers hiding their Facebook pages (cnn)
Social Media History Becomes a New Job Hurdle (NYT)
c. Share and discuss the tips to create a good online reputation. (page 2 and 3 of the download)
Videos to share (short) about dangers of losing jobs because of social media: