41st Annual AFG of MD & DC Spring Convention With AA Participation
June 9 - 11, 2017
Washington College, Chestertown, MD
Workshops, Al-Anon and AA Speakers, Spirituality Speakers, Entertainment, Dance, Bingo, Hospitality Room, Meals Including Saturday Banquet, Vegan and Gluten-free Meal Options
NEW LOWER REGISTRATION FEES!
Register Online at: Whoscoming Web Site
There will be a 3% nonrefundable convenience fee for online registrations.
Lodging Options, see the Dorm Options tab for more dorm details.
New option - Rent sheets, towels, pillow, and blanket. In your room, leave in your room.
Meals and Events Options.
Registration Prices, including all meals, through May 8.
$85 Saturday Only, all events and meals
$150 No Lodging, full weekend, all events and meals
$185 + $10 Refundable Key Deposit, Traditional Dorm
$205 + $10 Refundable Key Deposit, Room in Suite Dorm
$15 College Linen Rental: Sheets, Towels, Pillow, Blanket
Onsite registration at the college is $25 more than these prices. Cash, Check, or Money Order only.
Online registrations must be made by June 5, 2017. Mailed registrations must be received by June 5, 2017.
Registrations refundable before June 6, 2016.
Check-in is 2:00 to 8:00 pm Friday, 7:30 to 9:00 am Saturday.
Convention starts 4:00 pm Friday and ends after lunch Sunday.
Directions to Washington College and local lodging: washcoll.edu/about/directions.php
Attendees will receive an information sheet before the convention.
To Register Online: Whoscoming Web Site
Note: When you get to the Paypal "Choose a way to pay" page, select the "Credit Card" tab to pay with a credit card.
Prefer to Register by Mail?
Download the registration form to your computer for the writable version.
download registration form: 2017 Registration Form
Questions? Email MDDCSpringCon17@Gmail.com
year the dance will be “Do It Yourself”. The dance floor will be open, but
there will be no DJ. You can
bring your own music to dance to. One of the planning committee members has volunteered to
bring a boom box so you can play CDs. The committee invites the attendees
to bring CDs, an MP3 player and MP3s, and other ways to provide music. The dance should be a lot of fun.
Opportunity for active Al-Anon members to lead a workshop
1. The Merry-Go-Round of Denial- Acceptance
2. Clowning Around With a Painted on Face-Honesty
3. Tightrope Walker: Balance-Serenity Is Our Safety Net
4. Q-tip: Quit Taking It Personally
5. Illusion of Control: Powerlessness- Steps 1, 2, 3
6. Elephant in the Room - Facing our Fears
7. Being Sawed in Half: Accepting the Unacceptable
8. Carnival Barkers: Task as Futile as Arguing with an alcoholic
9. Ferris Wheel: Get a New Perspective-Learn to Be Happy, Joyous & Free
10. Juggling Others’ Responsibility vs Self-Care-Steps 4, 5, 6
11. Keep the Lion in the Cage: Never Have to Do It Alone
12. The 4 M’s: Martyrdom, Manipulation, Mothering, Managing - Steps 7, 8 & 9
13. Funhouse Mirrors - Intimacy and Sexuality 4
14. Not My Money: Boundaries - Detach with Love
15. How Traditions Keep Our Fellowship Healthy - Service
16. 3-Ring Circus - Recovery, Service, Unity - Our Legacies
17. Human Cannonball (The Allure of Self-destruction) - Changed Attitudes Aid Recovery - Trust
18. Contorting Ourselves: Trying to Meet Expectations - Adult Children
19. A Happy Medium Might Offer a Spiritual Solution - Steps 10, 11, and 12
20. Keeping the Focus on Ourselves, Having Fun – Humor
Opportunity for active AA members to lead a workshop
1. The Four Horsemen – Recovery’s Scary Start
2. A New Ringleader – Good Orderly Direction
3. Right Before Your Very Eyes – 4th Step Magic
4. Everyone Wins a Prize! – Steps 9 and 12