Park Manager helps drivers to find nearest parking spots for their vehicles at
nearest available parking areas. Also Park manager manages parking areas that are
participating in the system.
Parking problem is one of the
important obstacles in big cities. This problem consumes too much money and
time. People waste 4.2 billion hours and 2.9 billion gallons of gasoline in
United States alone in 2007 for searching parking places. One of the facilities
of dissemination of technology is the availability of cell phones with GPS with
every person. We make use of these devices to collect information that help to
reduce parking problem.
- Solve the problem of
parking search (save time and efforts).
- Manage parking areas.
- Reduce congestion in urban
- Driver enters his
position manually or using GPS built in his cell phone.
- System shows a nearest available spot on Bing map with a guiding line between the current position and the available spot.
- The user drives to the candidate spot.
- System detects entrance to
parking area using odd/even edges algorithm and presents best solution
for the driver.
- If driver parks at
suggested spots, he should press “Occupy” or he can use phone camera to
take picture of this spot and using OCR service, cell phone shows spot id then
the user should verify spot id and press “Occupy”. Also the user can input spot id manually.
- When the user takes his
vehicle, the user should enter spot id manually or by phone camera, then presses
Hawaii Service used:
- Bing Map: this service used to show the map to the user with his current position and the candidate spots.
- OCR: takes the name of spot as an image then returns the text from the image.
- Speech to text : the user can pronounce the name of the spot, then this service gets the text, but this service can't be deployed because it can't get the separated characters correctly.