Brighton Memorial Library
2300 Elmwood Ave, Brighton NY 14618
five fun facts about Brighton
1. We have Wii games!
2. We have cool hanging mobiles donated by an awesome patron
3. We offer prizes in two huge teen contests every year: The Alice B. Wilson Lit Contest (winter), and the 5x7xDesign Art Contest (fall)
4. We have a used bookstore run by our fabulous Friends group inside our library
5. We love hosting teen volunteers who need hours for school – see our website for applications
five fun facts about your librarian
1. She is a struggling teen novelist
2. She reviews every book she reads at deenaml.livejournal.com
3. She blogs about writing for teens at www.author2author.blogspot.com
4. She’s OK with people thinking she’s still 25
5. She tweets at @bmlkidsteens
Brighton's mascot Batty
Batty is from Austin, TX, but he loves to summer in Monroe County, hanging out under the old bridges over the Genesee River downtown. The other MCLS mascots are nice enough to read to him, because Batty’s eyesight isn’t very good. He prefers to read dark, scary stories, but he also loves non-fiction books about bugs (yummy).