Part time: $18 – $20 per hour as funding supports
Job Title: Bookkeeper
This part time position reports directly to the Director.
Job Description Summary:
The MCIL Bookkeeper is responsible for the maintenance and provision of all financial practices of MCIL including; payroll, accounts payable and receivables.
· With the use of QuickBooks and appropriate MCIL budget, maintains, executes, and documents all MCIL financial transactions including but not limited to; bills, deposits, petty cash, payrolls
· Using appropriate procedures and accounting guidelines, maintains deposits and spreadsheet for Federal drawdowns.
· Reconciles all banking accounts and credit cards monthly and with accountant prepare financial reports for MCIL Board and Director.
· Prepares necessary documentation for reimbursable funds as required under grant contracts
· Assists with the preparation and completion of annual fiscal audit, working with the Director, auditor and accountant
· Calculate and prepare checks or direct deposit of MCIL semi-monthly payroll, bi-weekly PAS payroll and payment of corresponding liabilities: taxes, garnishments, insurances, etc.
High School diploma or GED plus a minimum of four years’ experience in a responsible bookkeeping position
Individual must have excellent PC and QuickBooks skills, proven knowledge of financial practices, terminology, laws and non-profit allocation regulations. Must have a high degree of accuracy and be keyboard proficient, must be able to communicate well orally and in writing.
Memphis Center for Independent Living (MCIL) conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.