Welcome to the McGregor Historical Museum site!

The museum collection started in 1936 in the McGregor Public Library where a collection of artifacts was put on display. The collection grew through the interest of Mrs. Lena Myers, historian.

In 1963 the museum occupied an entire building. In 1982 it was moved to its present location, a building donated to McGregor for a museum as a memorial to Mrs. Lena Myers by her son, Richard, and his wife, Isabel.

Walk through the past and see the open displays reminiscent of the frontier life of this beautiful area.

Browse among the exhibits and read the legends describing them.

Community history, maps and genealogical material are available to study.