Monday, November 28, 2011 14h-16hEric Pedersen
- What is non linearity?
- What are GAMs, and how do they allow us to handle non-linear relationships?
- How to understand and plot non-linear relationships
- Including interacts
- Use the mgcv package to fit non-linear relationships
- Understand the output of a GAM to help you understand your data
- Use tests to determine if a non-linear model fits better than a linear one
- Include smooth interactions between variables
- Using the family function to allow for different distributions of data
- Understand the idea of a basis function, and why it makes GAMS so powerful
- Some experience at R; enough to be able to run a script and examine data and R objects
- A basic knowledge of regression: you should know what we mean by linear regression and ANOVA