September 12, 2011
PTO Meeting 6:30 pm-8:00 pm
In attendance: Jill Smith, Melanie Gerber, Tammy Miller, Amy Swafford, Kelly Kilander, Laura Cano-Brown, Shari Prince
1. The committee discussed the current budget balance.
Preliminary Items of cost:
· Cost of playground does include installation. PTO is being asked to help fund this.
· “Teacher’s Lounge” Leader in Me website membership for faculty and staff to access
Items of Profit:
· Art to Remember-- $ in January
· Read-A-Thon - $ in March
· Paragon Fundraiser- $ to playground account and extra- curricular account
2. Upcoming Items Needing Attention:
· Tuesday’s Parent Night PTO booth:
o Laura and Amy will man the booth
· Open House Booth:
o 5:30-7:00 pm. On Thursday, September 22
o One table with:
§ Sign- up sheets for PTO volunteers
§ T-shirt samples for each size with pre-order forms (They must pay that evening if pre-ordering)
§ First Shift (5:30-6:15) Jill and Shari
§ Second Shift (6:15-7:00) Laura and Melanie
§ Brochures to pass out at Open House
· Jill has a sample one-looks really good
· Ask Susan to help with importing pictures of Clear Creek people on the brochure?
· Put some in each room by the sing-up sheet and on the PTO table
· Clear Creek Apparel Sale:
o T-shirt Ideas:
§ Jill has an idea for shirts to say Est. 1989 on them in the retro style
§ Royal Blue with White letters?
§ Only offer one or two colors; short sleeved shirts, hoodies, reg. sweatshirts
§ Jill is checking on the shirts
· Santa’s Workshop:
o Items shipped- check inventory
o Lots of teachers are involved
3. Executive Board Meeting
· Easier to schedule month-to-month
· Next meeting: October 10 at 6:30 pm.