February 17 2009 Agenda
The Helena-West Helena City Council will meet on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 6:00 p.m. at 226 Perry Street in the City Council Chambers of the Municipal Building.
For Additional Information Please See:
Mayor Valley's Journal
City Council Contact List
Agenda required: All matters, including, but not limited to, ordinances, resolutions, appointment to commissions and boards and any other matters to be brought before the City Council must be specifically set out and identified by subject matter or in the event of appointments, the names of the individuals to be appointed must be specifically set out in an agenda of the meeting at which said subject matter is to be presented for vote.
Placement on agenda: Requests for matters to be placed on the agenda shall be transmitted to the Mayor's office. Such requests may be verbal or written. In the event of a verbal request, such request shall be Mayor's office no later than 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding any Council meeting. Written requests must be received in the Mayor's office no later than 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding any council meeting. In addition, any matter requiring council action as set out herein, will be placed on the agenda if proposed or introduced at the regular Council meeting just past. These requirements are mandatory, and, unless strictly and specifically complied with, any City Council vote on any matter, the introduction of which has not complied herewith, shall be null and void.
CITY OF HELENA-WEST HELENA
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Next Meeting: March 3, 2009
City Council Chambers-226 Perry St, Helena-West Helena, Arkansas
- Call to Order- Mayor James F. Valley
- Lord's Prayer Recited in Unison
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call- Sandi Ramsey, City Clerk or Designee
- Minutes- Sandi Ramsey, City Clerk or Designee
REPORTS OF BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS:
- Appointment John King
- Report Johnny Broome
REPORTS OF SPECIAL COMMITTEES:
- Occupational Licenses Fee Structure -- (Grace Period Through February 15th and then add penalty or graduated fee structure)
- Alley Closings
- City Employees Doing Business with City
- Ineal Knowlton -- (3-5 Minutes)
- Jerry Martin -- (3-5 Minutes)
- Fire Department Budget Request
- Street Department Budget Request
- City Council Ordinance Amending Agenda Requirements
- Wild Hog Music Festival Permit (Johnny Broome & Others)
- Financial Report (MLB)
- Code Enforcement Condemnation Ordinance
- Department Head Reports (January 12th and 29th)
- Motion or ordinance establishing the city council position of "president pro tempore".
- Modification of city council agenda ordinance.
- Motion to establish the mayor's purchase and spending authorization
- City council ordinance establishing the method by which city employees may do business with the city.
- Motion to require that all city vehicles have city and department identification semi-permanently attached and after hour usage of vehicles.
- State of city report by the mayor.
- Police Pension problems
- Storage issue
- A & P appointments
Presentation of Vetoes By Mayor
a. Incentive Pay (Veto Override Coupled with Motion to Stay)
- Rev. Michael Jenkins
PROPOSED NEW BUSINESS:
- Planning Commission Meeting (2nd Wednesday at 6:00 p.m.)
- A & P Commission Meeting (1st Thursday at 4:00 p.m.)
- Port Authority Meeting (4th Monday at 6:30 p.m.)
- NLC Conference March14-18, 2009 (Washington, D.C.) www.nlc.org
- ARML Executive Committee February 17, 2009 1:00 p.m.
- Historic District Commission (4th Thursday at 5:30 p.m.)
- Arkansas General Assembly Currently In Session
The City Council of the City of Helena-West Helena generally brings its meetings to a close after two (2) hours in one sitting.