Math for America’s (MƒA) is a private nonprofit organization with a mission to improve math education in US public secondary schools by recruiting, training and retaining outstanding mathematics teachers.
The MfA Fellowship is a five-year program where recent college graduates make a commitment to teach math in public secondary schools. MfA Fellows are mathematically sophisticated individuals who are new to teaching and use their talents to make a difference in students’ lives.
MfA New York Fellows Receive:
· A full tuition scholarship for a master's degree in mathematics education from MfA NY partner universities Bard College, New York University or Teachers College, Columbia University.
· Earn Initial certification for New York State.
· A stipend of $100,000 over five years, in addition to a full time teacher's salary.
· Extensive professional development support and mentoring.
· Guidance from a community of highly qualified math teachers.
How to Apply: Start the Application Now
Application Deadline: January 21st, 2011
Recruitment and Outreach
Math for America
160 Fifth Avenue, 8th floor
New York, NY 10010