Welcome to Math 7
Math classes aren't just about being fast at times tables or finding x. They're about learning how to look at a situation, analyze and assess the information available, and determine the best method for finding a solution. The logic processing we learn through math helps in all areas of our lives.
To help students develop these important skills we focus on these eight practices.
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for a express regularity in repeated reasoning.