SEMINAR WITH THE HON. MINISTER MARIE-LOUISE COLEIRO PRECA
The MASW is organising a seminar with the Hon. Minister for the Family and Social Solidarity Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, in order to facilitate conversation about issues within social work in Malta. All proposals are also welcome and will be formulated in a final report that will be passed on to the Hon. Minister and members.
Date: Saturday 26th October 2013
Venue: Marsaxlokk – Capuchin Chapel tas-Silg (refreshments will be available)
Programme: 8:30 – 9:00 Registration
9:00 – 9:15 Minister’s Address
9:15 – 9:30 Explanation about Open-Group
9:30 – 11:00 First set of discussions
11:00 – 11:30 Break
11:30 – 13:00 Second set of discussions
13:00 - 13:15 Closing Remarks
The MASW will be employing an open-group style to facilitate each theme within the seminar. Members are welcome to participate within any group of their choosing and are then free to swap groups when they feel that they have reached their maximum participation within the mentioned group. The following themes will be discussed during the seminar:
· Employment – A small fish in a big ocean: The effectiveness of the current employment system on social workers.
· Education – Do I have enough sunlight to grow? Pre-employment & post-employment education training for the social worker of today.
· Caseload – The miracle of multiplied bread and fish.
· Safety – SOS: social workers and safety.
· Waiting Lists and their impact on timely social services.
· Support Services vs. Policing – The importance of support services in the community.
Persons attending are being requested to enrol as members so as to continue supporting the cause of the MASW. Those wishing to participate are to send a confirmation e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colette Farrugia Bennett Joseph Antoncich