TOP IDEAS TO ENHANCE CODE COMPLIANCE
Thank you Mason District Residents for another great turnout at our Code Compliance Forum on February 6, 2014. We are continuing the conversation with the Department of Code Compliance on the many issues affecting our quality of life.We are seeking volunteers to help in our efforts, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
ENFORCEMENT FROM SURVEY
1.Ticket and fine violators
.2.Increase the amount of follow up by code compliance investigators so they actively stay in touch with complainants until resolution
3. Enhance the system so that DCC investigators are pro-active (encourage code compliance investor to site Violations When Observed.) Rather than the current solely complaint driven system
4. Have Code Compliance Officers check identification to prove family relations to address overcrowding
5. Add weekend and late night hours for code compliance investigators (flex time)
6. Add an education / community outreach component to increase awareness of zoning codes (Neighborhood Leaders Group)
7. Create a citizen auxiliary task force in each district to aid DCC
8. Consider incentive pay and or bonus for outstanding code compliance investigators (Commission)
To read the Annandale Blog's coverage of the meeting - please click here.