- Gollum: "What has roots as nobody sees,
Is taller than trees
Up, up it goes
And yet never grows?" Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien
- Gollum: "Voiceless it cries,
Mouthless mutters." Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien
- Gollum: "It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes out first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter." Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien
- Gollum: "Alive without breath,
As cold as death;
Never thirsty, ever drinking,
All in mail never clinking." Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien
- Gollum: "This thing all things devours;
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down." Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien
- Nine out of ten train wagons have many gold plates of 10 kg. One of the wagons has gold plates of 9 kg. How to figure out which wagon has the 9 kg gold plates in one measurement (with a weight scale)?
- What occurs once in a minute, twice in a moment and never in a thousand years?