Revision 2 to MMARC preamble 10/9/13
Good evening. This is________, net control station for the Maryland Mobileers Amateur Radio Club Roundtable. This net meets each Monday at 1930 hours local time on the Maryland Mobileers Repeater, W3CU, operating on the frequency of 146.805 MHz, with a tone of 107.2 Hz. This net is open to all amateur radio operators and not just members of the Maryland Mobileers Amateur Radio Club. Feel free to bring to the net a topic to discuss; it does not have to be related to amateur radio.
1. Are there any stations with announcements or traffic?
(handle the announcements now, and note the announcements for repeating later in the net)
2. List traffic in order of precedence, and handle now if any takers.
3. Are there any Mobile stations wishing to check in?
(handle mobile stations now if there is a concern they will soon move out of the repeater’s coverage area or will arrive soon at their destination)
4. Checks-ins are done by call sign suffix. Stations with suffixes (
a – alphabet division at NCS’s discretion– z) call now.
5. Any late reporting stations?
6. -Round one Comments-
· End round one-
7. Any late reporting stations?
8. This is __________ net control station for the Maryland Mobileers Amateur Radio Club Roundtable.
9. -Round two Comments-
Mobile stations first
· End round two
10. Any further comments?
11. Ask those who had announcements at the beginning of the net to repeat them, or the net control operator may repeat them
12. Thank you for participating this evening and I will return the repeater to normal operations.
This is _______, clear.
a) keep the net moving
b) keep your comments short between stations
c) take your turn for comments in Round 1 and Round 2
d) Handle traffic in order: Emergency, Priority, Routine. Have station that is receiving traffic call sending station for traffic passing.
e) NCS has latitude for modifying format of preamble to suit the situation.