- Small accessories or fittings for a particular use or piece of
- A person's habitual attitude, outlook, and way of thinking
- Large movable equipment, such as tables and chairs, used to make a house,
office, or other space suitable for living or working
- Furniture is the mass noun for the movable objects ('mobile' in Latin
languages) intended to support various human activities such as seating and
sleeping in beds, to hold objects at a convenient height for work using
horizontal surfaces above the ground, or to store things.
- furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy; "they had
too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of
furniture in the room"
- Furniture + 2 is the most recent EP released by American post-hardcore band
Fugazi. It was recorded in January and February 2001, the same time that the
band was recording their last album, The Argument, and released in October 2001
on 7" and on CD.
- Martha of Bethany (Judæo-Aramaic מַרְתָּא Martâ) is a biblical figure
described in the Gospels of Luke and John. Together with her siblings Lazarus
and Mary, she is described as living in the village of Bethany near Jerusalem.
She was witness to Jesus' resurrection of her brother.
- Martha is a 1974 drama film made for German television which was directed by
Rainer Werner Fassbinder. It features Margit Carstensen in the title role with
Karlheinz Böhm as her abusive husband.
- Martha is a 1967 Danish comedy film directed by Erik Balling and starring
- firm: the members of a business organization that owns or operates one or
more establishments; "he worked for a brokerage house"
- A building for human habitation, esp. one that is lived in by a family or
small group of people
- The people living in such a building; a household
- A family or family lineage, esp. a noble or royal one; a dynasty
- a dwelling that serves as living quarters for one or more families; "he has
a house on Cape Cod"; "she felt she had to get out of the house"
- contain or cover; "This box houses the gears"
Sherbet is on the streets delivering Christmas
cheer!! Well, she hopes all is well with everyone! Tomorrow I will be baking
Christmas cookies and of course, I will have photos! I get all Martha Stewart on
them! Ok, now for the homefront news: We have been packing up all the belongings
in my drawers and I will be moving all the furniture out of my room next week!
Yes, its couch city for me. We will be refinishing the floors in the whole
house. I will then be getting my new furniture and then I have to help my mom
reorganize all the closets and the garage.... that is the part I'm not to
excited about. Next year I am renovating the bathroom... saving up money for
that right now. :D Pictures of an empty room will come next week. Such
excitement!!! oh yeah, next year we will become vegetarian, for the most part.
slowly getting organized...just put the prints
up above my desk. its been a long time since I've felt like the space I'm in is
100% me. there's something about this good old house that has brought me back to
what I've always loved. this room is a good reflection of that, my typeset full
of childhood treasures, my love for black furniture, wool, my wise little fern
animal keeping watch, warm wood, school, and, most of all, good old sherlock