Mars Hill Speech and Debate's vision is to encourage and equip home-educated students through speech and debate to become effective communicators of the truth, defenders of the faith, and a transforming influence on our culture. Soli Deo Gloria !
Statement of Faith
- There is one God eternally co-existing in three persons: the
Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 3:16,
Matthew 28:19, John 10:30, 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- Man is sinful and therefore separated from God, who is holy and perfect. (Isaiah 53:5-9, Romans 3:23, I Peter1:15-16)
- Jesus Christ paid the eternal penalties for our sin through His death on the cross. (Luke 24:46, I Peter 2:21)
- Jesus Christ also resurrected bodily and ascended into heaven and
will return one day to fulfill His kingdom. (Matthew 28:6, Revelation
- Only through Jesus Christ and the grace of His provision of
salvation, may we be saved from eternal punishment, enter into God’s
family and receive eternal life. (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 6:23, Romans
8:11, I John 1:9)
- We believe in the Scripture of the Old and New Testament (66
books) as being verbally and completely inerrant in the original
writings and of supreme and final authority in faith and in life.