In 1946 Paul and Arlene Marks had a vision of raising their family in a small community while working to provide for them. So, Marks Landing was established. It was a place where locals gathered and fishermen shared their tall tales. In the late 1950s many people would gather at "The Landing" for refreshments before heading to Whinnery's Barn for weekly barn dances. Row boat rentals and a full service restaurant were added in the early 1960s.
In 1977 Jim and Mary Jane May purchased Marks Landing and owned it until 1980 when Mock and Marion Walker purchased it. The Walkers spruced up the restaurant and bar area as well as expanding the menu. Marks Landing became known for its whopping fish sandwiches and casual, fun atmosphere.
In 1988 Joe and Bobbi Ieropoli, along with their daughters Angela and Linda, became the fourth owners of Marks Landing. Over the past 22 years many changes and renovations have occurred. In the early 90's the boat rental business was revived. In 1995, a new kitchen was added and in November of 1999 the transformation truly began. The bait shop next door was purchased to make way for the small banquet room and outdoor patio. A 125 gallon fish tank was added to the bar area, and the stairwell going to the connecting house was taken out and windows added. The patio overlooks beautiful Guilford Lake providing relaxing evenings for family and friends. The menu today has kept the "whopping" fish sandwich while adding many other seafood items, as well as steaks, pasta, pizza, and a large assortment of sandwiches.
Marks Landing continues to grow and change with time but one thing remains the same: it is still and will forever be a place where locals and travelers come to gather and share in the simplicity and beauty of Guilford Lake.