If you want to know what has been added to the site lately, take a look here.
- Biographies: Robert Culbertson; Alfred Harrison; Isaac N. Phipps;
- Cemeteries: Beginning to add cemetery transcriptions
- Biographies: Harvey Bates; Obed Foote; Harvey Gregg; Jacob Landis; Thomas Johnson; Douglass Maguire; George Norwood; Joseph Pence; Wilkes Reagan; John W. Redding; Archibald C. Reid; Luke Walpole and Family; Hon. William W. Wick
- Biographies: Updated bio index, adding names and links to township histories
- History: Beginning addition of History of Indianapolis and Marion County
- Indianapolis Illustrated: Young Men's Christian Association, Parks and Streets, Educational, Northwestern Christian University, Indianapolis Young Ladies' Institute, Benevolent Institutions, Churches, Railroads, Belt Line and Union Depot, Banks and Banking, Board of Trade, The Commercial Club, Real Estate and Insurance, Taxation and Valuation, Natural Gas, Trade and Commerce, Manufacturing Interests, Railway Officials and Employes Accident Association, Kimberlin Manufacturing Company, Simeon Coy, Globe Accident Insurance Co., Peter Sindlinger, G. A. Boeckling, L. A. Fulmer, Geo. Merritt & Co., Chas. Mayer & Co., Kingan & Co.
- Photos were added to many of the Indianapolis Illustrated pages above.
- Indianapolis Illustrated: Geographical and Topographical Characteristics, Population, Municipal Government, Police Department, Fire Department, Municipal Improvements, Public Buildings, The State House, Marion County Court House, Masonic Temple, Odd Fellows' Hall, Tomlinson's Hall, The Arsenal, Exposition Building.
- Deaths: Page added for links and information to Marion County deaths and research.
- History: Hodges, Laura Fletcher, Early Indianapolis: C. E. Pauley & Co., 1919, 29 pgs.
- History: Duncan, Robert B., Old Settlers, Indianapolis: Bowen-Merrill Co., 1894, 28 pgs. produced by Indiana Historical Society
- Photographs of the Community - Vanessa Wood has generously donated some new photos from her family's collection of photos. Be sure to check them out. Can you help identify any of the street car conductors in her photos? Thank you, Vanessa!
- Churches: Presbyterian Missions: North Street Mission, West Street Mission; Baptist: First Baptist Church, South Street Baptist Church, Garden Mission, North Baptist Mission, Second Baptist Church (Colored); Congregational: Plymouth Church, May Flower Church; Christian: Christian Chapel, Second Christian Church (Colored), Third Christian Church, Fourth Christian Church, Salem Chapel, Olive Mission.
- New biographies added: Samuel Duke, Calvin Fletcher, John Givan, Old Bob Helvey, Robert Patterson, Andrew Smith
- Bits of History added: Incidents of 1821 and 1822
- Churches: Second Presbyterian Church, Third Presbyterian Church, Fourth Presbyterian Church, Fifth Presbyterian Church, Olivet Church, Presbyterian Missions: Memorial Chapel, Indianola Mission
- I'll be working on the Churches link next! Protestant Episcopal Churches are online: Christ Church, St. Paul's Cathedral, Grace Church, Church of the Holy Innocents, and Episcopal Mission. More to come!
- Advertisements - this page has a listing of various businesses - I will be scanning the adds to be linked from that page as I can get them done.
- United States Arsenal.
- Union Depot.
- Temperance Societies: Independent Order of Good Templars, Sons of Temperance, Temple of Honor, St. Patrick's Temperance Benevolent Society.
- Medical Institutions have been added: Indiana Medical College, The Bobbs Dispensary, and The Indiana Surgical Institute.
- Benevolent Institutions and Societies completed! Great information on 15 different societies and a listing of their officers and board of directors.
- Link to the DRN Online Cemetery Database added.
- Adding a few bios - Levi Ayres, John G. Brown, Samuel Canby, Elisha J. Howland, John Moore, Thomas Moore. Many more to come!
- Added Township Histories page - so far a short Center Township is added. Additional township histories will be added as completed.
- Page for tracking early settlers of Marion County. This is an experiment and have only worked on one early settler so far - Isaac Kinder. Check out DESCENDANT CHARTS IN PROGRESS.
- Request for plat maps placed on home page.
- Benevolent Institutions and Societies - adding some history on the following. Some may not be completed but are coming soon!
- The Indiana Hospital for the Insane
- The Indiana Institute for the Education of the Blind
- Indiana Institute for the Deaf and Dumb
- Indiana Female Prison and Reformatory
- Indiana House of Refuge
- The County Infirmary
- Indianapolis City Hospital
- Home for Friendless Women
- Orphan's Home
- Indianapolis Asylum for Friendless Colored Children
- Indianapolis Benevolent Society
- Ladies' Society for the Relief of the Poor
- German Protestant Orphans' Association
- Ladies German Protestant Orphans' Home Association
- The Indianapolis Society for the Relief of the Crippled, Ruptured, and Deformed
- Cemeteries - some history on the development of cemeteries in Indianapolis.
- Biographies - ongoing - the link in the right column actually contains biographies, or specific sketches, regarding people from Marion County. As new biographies are added, they will be placed here. The link on the Main Home page in the center of the page is for biographies that are located elsewhere and not on this specific site.
- Started What's New? page.
Please feel free to contact me if you have materials you would like to donate to this site. And thank you for your generosity!