Location: First street, between Mississippi street and the Lafayette Railway.
This society was established in the spring of 1867, as a mission of the First Christian Church of this city, [sic] Prominent in its establishment and support during its infancy were Messrs. W. W. Dowling and J. M. Tilford. As soon as possible, and in a short time, a house of worship was secured at the above stated location. It is an unpretentious frame building, but sufficient to meet the present wants of the society; having capacity for about two hundred and fifty persons.
The society consists of about one hundred members. The Sabbath-School is in a prosperous state, having about one hundred and twenty-five members.
Rev. Rufus Conrad, the present pastor, has served the society in that relation over since its organization.
The value of the building and site is about $2,000.
Holloway, W. R., Indianapolis, a Historical and Statistical Sketch of the Railroad City, a Chronicle of Its Social, Municipal, Commercial and Manufacturing Progress, with Full Statistical Tables, © 1870, p. 222.