Location: Corner of Illinois and Fifth streets.
This is a prosperous mission of the First Church. The house of worship was dedicated on the 25th December, 1870, by Elder W. F. Black. The Sabbath-School, under the superintendence of Ge. W. Snyder, has about two hundred members. The prospects are excellent that this mission will, at no distant day, be discharged from its wardship to the parent organization, and become a separate and flourishing church. The value of the present building and site is about $4,000.
Holloway, W. R., Indianapolis, a Historical and Statistical Sketch of the Railroad City, a Chronicle of Its Social, Municipal, Commercial and Manufacturing Progress, with Full Statistical Tables, © 1870, p. 223.