Location: Corner of Union and McCarty streets.
THis church was established by a colony from the Second Church. A few members of the parent body, met with their pastor, on the 22nd of June, 1867, and instructed a committee to buy a suitable site in the south-western quarter of the city. The corner of Union and McCarty streets was selected for that purpose; the present church building was erected without delay, and was dedicated on the 20th of October, of the same year, by the Rev. H. A. Edson, pastor of the Second Church. On the 20th of November, 1867, a church organization was effected. The first pastor was the Rev. J. B. Brandt; the second the Rev. Luman A. Aldrich; the third, and present, the Rev. Joseph E. Scott. The house of worship is a plain, comfortable frame building. The property is valued at $2,500 and is free from debt. The Church membership numbers over one hundred persons; that of the Sunday-School about one hundred and twenty-five.
Holloway, W. R., Indianapolis, a Historical and Statistical Sketch of the Railroad City, a Chronicle of Its Social, Municipal, Commercial and Manufacturing Progress, with Full Statistical Tables, © 1870, p. 212.