Location: Corner of Washington and Missouri streets.
A second mission interest was established by the First Church, in 1866, in the old German theater, on the corner of Tennessee street and Kentucky avenue. It now occupies the building at the corner of Washington and Missouri streets, and sustains a weekly prayer meeting, and a Sunday-School of one hundred and fifty scholars. Henry Knippenberg, Esq., is the Superintendent.
Holloway, W. R., Indianapolis, a Historical and Statistical Sketch of the Railroad City, a Chronicle of Its Social, Municipal, Commercial and Manufacturing Progress, with Full Statistical Tables, © 1870, p. 219.