- Sign up now (or ask your worker to sign you up) for a bowling match party in Macomb and Oakland Counties! These parties are free events for youths ages 7-17 waiting for adoption and includes snacks, drinks and bowling, along with time to meet with prospective adoptive families! Contact MARE staff at 800.589.6273 to sign up for upcoming match parties being held on:
- Friday, July 8th in Sterling Heights from 6-9pm
- Friday, July 29th in Waterford from 6-9pm
- Friday, August 26th in Waterford from 6-9pm
- Detroiters Working for Environmental Justice is now accepting applications for their next training session to start in April. This free program is for Detroit residents over the age of 18 and is a 12-week training focusing: Lead/Asbestos Abatement, Construction/Deconstruction, Weatherization, Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessments, Hazardous Waste Operator (HAZWOPER), and also includes Life Skills, Study Skills, Math Skills, Environmental Literacy and on-the-job experience. To apply for the training program, visit the DWEJ website here. Flyers can be downloaded here.
- A 2-day conference for youth 14-21 in Independent Living or Foster Care, their caregivers and professionals who work with teens. Held on June 21-22 at Ferris State Univeristy in Big Rapids, Michigan. Entries fees due May 30th and can be paid using YIT funds. For more information, view the flier here or contact Laura Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.886.5776
- If you're a current or former foster youth, aged 14 - 21, and if you were in foster care at some point after your 14th birthday, you may be eligible for the Michigan Youth Opportunities Initiative. Visit the MYOI website to see a listing of current program locations by county and contact MYOI Coordinators to get involved!